Prof. Dragana LatkovićChairman of the Board of Directors
Dr. Dragana S. Latković, Full Professor, was born on 20 January 1967 in Vođenica, Bosanski Petrovac, Bosnia and Herzegovina.
• BSc in 1990 – University of Zagreb Faculty of Agriculture, Croatia
• MSc in 2002 – Faculty of Agriculture, University of Novi Sad, Field Crop Growing
• PhD in 2010 – Faculty of Agriculture, University of Novi Sad
• University of Zagreb Faculty of Agriculture, 1991, Teaching Assistant – trainee
• Institute of Field and Vegetable Crops, Faculty of Agriculture Novi Sad, 1992/1996, Technical Associate
• Faculty of Agriculture, University of Novi Sad,1996/2002, Teaching Assistant – trainee
• Faculty of Agriculture, University of Novi Sad, 2002/2010, Teaching Assistant
• Faculty of Agriculture, University of Novi Sad, 2010/2015, Assistant Professor
• Faculty of Agriculture, University of Novi Sad, 2015, Associate Professor in Field and Vegetable Crops
• Faculty of Agriculture, University of Novi Sad, 2021, Full Professor in Field and Vegetable Crops
Professional Training / Specializations
• Completed a number of study trips to Germany, Romania, Italy, Croatia, Hungary, Russia, Switzerland, and Poland, participated in national and international conferences and international project meetings in Europe.
• Authored more than 244 papers published in national or international journals, and in national or international conferences. Authored 19 papers published in SCI journals, co-authored two national monographs, two course books and three handbooks.
• Dr. Dragana Latković participated in 15 projects: six research projects supported by the Ministry of Science and Technological Development of RS and one research project supported by the Ministry of Agriculture of RS; participated in four and coordinated one project supported by the Provincial Secretariat for Science and Technological Development; participated in one project of research and technological cooperation supported by the Provincial Secretariat for Regional Development, Interregional Cooperation and Local Self-Government (coordinated the project as the representative of the Faculty of Agriculture Novi Sad); one international project supported by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) and coordinated one IPA project supported by the EU.
• Teaching Field and Vegetable Crops to undergraduate (BSc) and postgraduate students (MSc, PhD)
• Mentor of one PhD, five Master’s theses and 13 graduation papers, and a member of many BSc, MSc and PhD evaluation committees.
• Serbian Plant Physiology Society
• Serbian Society of Soil Science
• ESA – European Society for Agronomy
• Invited lecturer at four international conferences
• Organized eight research and technical conferences
• Head of the Department of Field and Vegetable Crops, Faculty of Agriculture Novi Sad in 2012 – 2021
• Member of the Board of Directors of the Institute for Soil Science Belgrade
• English language – independent user
• Mother of one child
Prof. Aleksandar PaunovićMember of the Board of Directors
Prof. Aleksandar S. Paunović was born in 1959 in Čačak, Serbia, where he graduated from primary school, Grammar School (natural sciences), and the Faculty of Agronomy, where he obtained his MSc in ecology and agronomy of cereals, and defended his PhD in 2002. His professional career began at the Faculty of Agronomy Čačak, University of Kragujevac in 1990, where he was appointed all the research ranks. He was appointed Full Professor in Field Crops and Forage Crops in 2012, and since then has lectured undergraduate and postgraduate students in field crop growing. He mentored one doctoral dissertation and he was a member of 6 PhD evaluation committees. He mentored or was a member of many MSc, BSc or expert thesis evaluation committees, and performed the duties of the Chairman of the Field and Vegetable Crop Department for three terms of office. He was appointed Chairman of the Committee for MSc and PhD studies in 2008-2012, Chairman of the Quality Management Committee in 2008 – 2014, and Vice-Dean of Education at the Faculty of Agronomy in Čačak for the period 2006-2012. He was a member of the Council for the Census of Agriculture in the Republic of Serbia in 2012, and a member of the Council formed by the Minister of Agriculture and Environmental Protection of the Government of the Republic of Serbia in 2014-2016. He has been a member of the Editorial Board of the research journal “Journal of Central European Agriculture” since 2016. He managed the preparation of documentation for the accreditation of study programs and institutions of the Faculty of Agronomy in Čačak in 2008, 2013 and 2015, and managed the preparation of documentation for the accreditation of undergraduate academic studies in agronomy in 2020. In 2013, he coordinated the report on self-evaluation and quality evaluation of the Faculty of Agronomy in Čačak. He was a member of the University Council for three election terms and actively participated in the activities of the Committee for Quality Assurance of the University of Kragujevac in the period from 2007 to 2012. Since 2008, he has been appointed by the National Accreditation Body of the Republic of Serbia as a reviewer of a number of study programs of undergraduate, master’s and doctoral academic studies, performing reviews on the fulfillment of conditions for the accreditation of higher education institutions and external quality control. He authored or co-authored 212 research or technical papers, coordinated one bilateral cooperation project, and participated in twelve research projects and one bilateral cooperation project. He authored one monograph titled “Ječam” (“Barley”) and two handbooks on crop cultivation. In 2015, he was granted permanent membership at the Developmental Academy of Agriculture of Serbia.
Pursuant to the decision of the Government of the Republic of Serbia No. 119-5154 / 2021 dated 3 June 2021 he was appointed member of the Board of Directors the Institute of Field and Vegetable Crops Novi Sad, National Institute of the Republic of Serbia.
Phone: +381 32 303 419
Address: Faculty of Agronomy, 34 Cara Dušana St, 32000 Čačak, Republic of Serbia
Prof. Goran MaksimovićMember of the Board of Directors
Prof. Zoran BroćićMember of the Board of Directors
Dr. Vojislav MihailovićMember of the Board of Directors
Principal Research Fellow, Head of Forage Crops Department from 1995 to 2012. He was born in 1957 in Prijelozi, Bjelo Polje, Montenegro. He graduated on Field and Vegetable Crops at Faculty of Agriculture in Novi Sad in 1981. He received his MSc degree in 1989 and PhD degree in genetics and plant breeding in 1994 at Faculty of Agriculture, Novi Sad. He worked at DP PD OOUR “Vojvodina” in Novo Miloševo and moved to Faculty of Agriculture, Institute of Field and Vegetable Crops in Novi Sad in 1982, as research assistant in breeding and selection of annual forage legumes. He was appointed Teaching Assistant in 1987 and Assistant Professor in 1996. Appointed Principal Research Fellow in 2005. He has authored more than 500 research papers, chapters in national and international journals, books, monographs, and research conferences reports. As a forage crop breeder, he has authored or co-authored 52 nationally registered varieties. 18 varieties have been registered in the EU and other countries. He was a member of the Committee for accreditation of research organizations in the period 2014-2018. He is a member of the Board of Directors of the Institute of Field and Vegetable Crops since 2014, and the National Council for Biotechnology and Agriculture since 2016.
Dr. Goran BekavacMember of the Board of Directors
Principal Research Fellow, Head of Maize Department. Dr. Goran Bekavac was born in 1966 in Sremska Rača. He graduated from the Faculty of Agriculture in Novi Sad, majoring in Field and Vegetable Crops in 1991. In the same year, he started working at the Maize Department, Institute of Field and Vegetable Crops in Novi Sad. He received his MSc thesis in 1994 and his PhD thesis in 1996 at the Faculty of Agriculture in Novi Sad, Genetics and Plant Breeding Department. He was appointed Research Associate in 1998, Senior Research Associate in 2002, and Principal Research Fellow in 2007. He specialized in corn genetics and breeding at Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, USA in 1998. He participated in two bilateral cooperation programs of the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Serbia and the USDA: Cochran Fellowship Program – Balkan Biotechnology, 9-21 July 2001, USDA, and US – Serbia and Montenegro joint research of corn rootworm (Diabroticaspp), 20 July – 2 August 2003, USDA).
Dr. Bekavac authored or co-authored more than 150 research papers published in Serbia and abroad, 106 maize hybrids registered in the Republic of Serbia and 46 hybrids released abroad. He authored the first maize hybrid tolerant to herbicide Focus Ultra registered in the Republic of Serbia. He participated in two international projects and seven national technological development projects , two of which he coordinated. He also coordinated one project of special interest for the sustainable development of AP Vojvodina. Dr. Bekavac is a reviewer of three international and one national journal. He was the president of the National Biosafety Committee (2001-2003), and has been a member of the Expert Biosafety Committee since 2013.
Dr. Bekavac was Assistant Director for Science at the Institute of Field and Vegetable Crops (2008-2009). He has been appointed Head of Maize Department (2013-2016; 2018 to date), and Genetics and Plant Breeding Advisor since 2016. He was the President of the Working Group for the development of the National Agriculture and Rural Development Strategy of the Republic of Serbia for the period 2014-2024 in the field and vegetable crop sector. He has been a member of the Board of Directors of the Institute of Field and Vegetable Crops since 2014, member of the Maize Hybrid Release Committee at the Ministry of Agriculture and Environmental Protection of the Republic of Serbia since 2017, and is also a member of the Association of Breeders and Seed Producers of Serbia, Serbian Genetic Society, and the EUCARPIA (European Association for Research on Plant Breeding). The “European Seed” journal listed Dr. Bekavac as one of 20 most innovative breeders in the European seed sector in 2019.
Dr. Siniša JocićMember of the Board of Directors
Principal Research Fellow, was born in Srbobran in 1966. He started working at Institute of Field and Vegetable Crops in 1992, as a research assistant in sunflower genetics and breeding at Oilcrops Department. He graduated from Department of Field and Vegetable Crops, Faculty of Agriculture in Novi Sad in 1992, obtained his MSc degree from the Department of Genetics and Plant Breeding, Faculty of Agriculture in Novi Sad in 1997, and defended his PhD degree in 2003, at the Department of Genetics and Plant Breeding, Faculty of Agriculture in Novi Sad. He completed his postdoctoral training in sunflower genetics and breeding at Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique (INRA) – Centre de Montpellier, France in 2000. Appointed Research Associate in 2004, Senior Research Associate in 2007, and Principal Research Fellow in 2012. He was a member of the Scientific Council of Institute of Field and Vegetable Crops in 2006- 2011 and 2013- 2018. He coordinated sunflower breeding program at the Oilcrops Department in 2007 – 2015, and has coordinated the F.A.O. ESCORENA Sunflower Research Network since 2010.
Dr. Siniša Jocić was head of Oilcrops Department in 2015 – 2017. He has been a member of the Board of Directors since 2014, and genetics and breeding advisor since 2017. He coordinated 2 and participated in 6 international and 8 national technological development projects. He is a member of Serbian Genetic Society, Serbian Society of Breeders and Seed Producers, International Sunflower Association (ISA), European Association for research on plant breeding (EUCARPIA) and FAO European System of Cooperative Research Network in Agriculture (ESCORENA) – Sunflower Research Network. Sunflower hybrids authored by Dr. Siniša Jocić have received an award “ Best of Vojvodina“ granted by the Executive Council of Vojvodina in 2006 for sunflower hybrid Rimi, and received the prestigious award “Best of Serbia“ for sunflower hybrid Sumo from the Serbian Chamber of Commerce in 2013.
He authored 305 sunflower hybrids, of which 241 have been released abroad, and 64 in Serbia. He authored or co-authored 403 research papers and 9 chapters in national or international monographs, of which 49 research papers were published in international and 72 in national research journals. He had 140 reports at international conferences, 112 at national conferences, and 21 patent, resulting in 710 research results to date.